The Stroumboulopouli

The Stroumboulopouli

The place to get the latest news on what’s coming up on #Gtonight. Find out what Canada’s boyfriend is up to. Share stories, pictures, favourite tv and radio episodes.

CBC TV & Radio shows plus HNIC

His work with Artists for Peace and Justice

UN Ambassadorship for The World Food Programme

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Our Favourite clips...The Closers



While exploring the archives of www.cbc.ca/thehour I was looking through all the Closers. I love the closers, and the title 'Hooray for more Lawyers' caught my attention. I happen to like Lawyers so I was curious to learn more.

This closer was broadcast on June 21st 2005 (season one).

George, wearing a light blue shirt, talks about National Aboriginal Day and about 11 law students in Nunavut.

National Aboriginal Day is a Canadian day of recognition of the diverse cultures and outstanding contributions to Canada of the First Nations, Inuit and Métis, who are collectively known as Aboriginal peoples in Canada. It was proclaimed in 1996 by then Governor General of Canada Roméo LeBlanc to be celebrated on June 21 of every year. More

One more Closer for you from my favourites then you can explore them as you like...

The Closer Contest. Broadcast June 2 2005

Peter, one of the writers on the show, explains how to write a closer for a contest The Hour was holding near the end of Season One. I wish I knew what the results were... I didn't find the winning closer in the archives.

No comments: