QUESTIONS - ROUND TWO
(Please read the contest rules below before playing. Good luck!)
1. Where did George get his first job in broadcasting?
2. When George first arrived at the CBC, which CBC personality gave George the grand tour on his show, which included hiding from Peter Mansbridge on The National set?
3. Season Three of The Hour premiered on the CBC main network on October 9, 2006. Who was George's first interview?
4. Which celebrated Canadian activist and author gave her last interview with George in season three?
5. In the opening skit of the 2007 Gemini Awards show, what did George say that fueled local outrage?
6. Which puppets were at the center of the Puppetgate controversy in 2007?
7. Who came to The Hour to visit George with trainer David Salmoni on January 28, 2008?
8. Who is the only living former Prime Minister of Canada that has not appeared on The Hour?
9. On the January 6, 2008 edition of The Strombo Show, which Canadian rocker announced she was battling breast cancer?
10. What is the significance of the white bracelet George wears on his right wrist?
The contest will run in two rounds:
Round one will commence Sunday, May 4, 2008 and conclude Friday, May 16, 2008 at 11:59 pm PST.
Round two will commence Sunday, May 18, 2008 and conclude Friday, May 30, 2008 at 11:59 PM PST.
Participating in the contest:
- For each round, entrants will be required to submit via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the answers to ten (10) trivia questions.
- Entries are to include the following:
- The entrant’s FIRST and LAST name
- Complete mailing address including postal/zip code
- The telephone number associated with the mailing address (for mailing purposes only)
- A valid email address
- Trivia answers clearly numbered 1-10
- Only one (1) entry per person per round will be accepted.
Round one: to be determined
Round two: to be determined
How the winners will be determined:
- At the conclusion of round one, the judging panel will review each eligible entry. The entry with the most number of correct answers will be deemed the winner.
- At the conclusion of round two, this process will be repeated.
- In the event of a tie, eligible entries from each of the rounds will be placed in a drum (one drum for round one and a second drum for round two) and a random draw(s) will occur Sunday, June 1, 2008.
- The winners of the contest will be posted on “The Stroumboulopouli” blog on Monday, June 2, 2008. Winners will be notified via email that same day.
- The administration of this contest is solely the responsibility of the bloggers contributing to “The Stroumboulopouli”. Neither the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, nor any of its employees or affiliates assumes liability for this contest.
- Only entries submitted to email@example.com will be accepted. Entries to any other email address will be disqualified. Contest administrators are not responsible for lost, misdirected or incomplete email entries.
- Immediate family members (including spouses/partners, siblings, parents, children) or persons living under the same roof as “The Stroumboulopouli” bloggers are not eligible to participate in this contest.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- The winners (2) accept the prizes as awarded. There will be no substitutions.
- By entering the contest, winners agree that “The Stroumboulopouli” may post their FIRST name and general geographic location on the blog at the conclusion of the contest.
- All information is collected for the purposes of mailing out the contest prize. The personal information gathered will be used only for the purpose stated and outlined in the rules above and will be destroyed after the contest is over. It will not be shared, sold or used in any other fashion then stated above. If you have concerns regarding the use of your information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.