The Stroumboulopouli

The Stroumboulopouli

The place to get the latest news on what’s coming up on #Gtonight. Find out what Canada’s boyfriend is up to. Share stories, pictures, favourite tv and radio episodes.

CBC TV & Radio shows plus HNIC

His work with Artists for Peace and Justice

UN Ambassadorship for The World Food Programme

Thursday, May 01, 2008

666

And last but not least...
AH HA!!!! My turn... now thta I have a captive audience I can change the way you think. Turn you all to my side.... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Alright, Alright, So it is a well known fact (or maybe not so well known depending on who you are) that I am a DIEHARD Season Two fan.

I think George and The Hour crew should get rid of the audiene, bring back the Closers and have more news-ish stuff and less Entertainment-ish stuff.

George blissfully pretends to not hear me and not so subtly tells me to "fuck off" about my wanting to axe the audience.

I know ther are those fo you out there that agree with my love of Season Two. Most of you are closet S2 lovers but that is okay I proudly announce it.

So let me tell you why I chose this clip.

1. This was the first time I actually had an inner dialogue with myself about The Hour . It went something like this.

"There is no way that I am going to watch this interview and ACTUALLY like what they have to say. I can't believe that George is going to do this interview, WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS?? Some kind of rebllious pst teen who is just doing it as a response to his mother's potentially over zealous Christian indoctrination????? LAME. He should pick his guests more carefully."

2. After I watched this interview I was SO IMPRESSED and so utterly ashamed of my earlier dialogue.

3. This interview and entire episode urged him to make the sweetest most endearing comment to his Mom I have ever heard a son utter. I became a fan then and there.

4. I decided the Hour could stay. Stay on the air that is. Any show that would do a legitimate interview like this and actually hold my attention but educate me deserved to come back next season for another go around.

5. It's just kinda different and fun.

All the other girls, set up their clip but I don't want nor feel I need too.

If you want more info on them go http://www.churchofsatan.com.

Otherwise....fair readers/viewers....taken from the Hour's vault. Without further adieu....

I give you: http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/video.php?id=1034 http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/video.php?id=1034

5 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

I remember this interview when it originally aired and also thought it was excellent.

I loved Season Two. I miss The Closers. I like some aspects of the live audience, however, and I just wish they could just have blended the best of both worlds. But, I still watch religiously because George is one of the best interviewers out there EVER.

I've had problems with the CBC site that plays these videos. I get sound but no visual, and although I use Firefox and CBC claims on the site that there is a known bug AND a fix for the known bug, I've never been able to download the "fix." Gr. I hope all the older stuff is on their YouTube channel.

Wandering Coyote said...

BTW, I am really loving the cold openings! I can watch some of them over and over again!

Janna said...

YAY!!!! I knew there were Season Two lovers out there!
I COMPLETELY AGREE!
Best of both worlds... I will accept the audience if the Closers come back. ;-) And I also agree but I find the openings can REALLY be hit or miss.

Anonymous said...

I saw my first show,the CSI Vegas interview, in May 05 - I am a season 2 lover also. I think the show's current format has to be refreshed as some content has become frivolous - a turnoff ! I can't take the show as seriously any longer

Nostalgic

Janna said...

I SAW THAT ONE TOO!!!!
LOVED IT.
You are right on the money... I couldn't agree more.
And Nostalgic is right...

Long live Season Two!!!

I seriously should start a group.
LOL!