QUESTIONS - ROUND ONE
(Please read the contest rules below before playing. Good luck!)
1) Where did George go to school to become a broadcaster?
2) In the 2004 CBC series, The Greatest Canadian, who did George advocate for?
3) When did the very first episode of The Hour premiere on CBC Newsworld?
4) Name one of the two things that George did in the summer of 2006, that created a bit of controversy among fans and the media?
5) Which Canadian band did George present at the 2007 Canada's Walk of Fame Gala?
6) How many Gemini Awards did The Hour win in 2007?
7) In November 2007, the University of Calgary honoured George with what?
8) Which of the following cities has not hosted a broadcast of The Hour?
a) Calgary, Alberta
b) Montreal, Quebec
c) Regina, Saskatchewan
d) Vancouver, British Columbia
9) Which Canadian band performs the song for the current Hour opening sequence?
10) The Strombo Show premiered on the Corus Radio Network on Sunday, November 5th in what five Canadian cities?
The contest will run in two rounds:
Round one will commence Sunday, May 4, 2008 and conclude Friday, May 16, 2008 at 11:59 pm PST.
Round two will commence Sunday, May 18, 2008 and conclude Friday, May 30, 2008 at 11:59 PM PST.
Participating in the contest:
- For each round, entrants will be required to submit via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the answers to ten (10) trivia questions.
- Entries are to include the following:
- The entrant’s FIRST and LAST name
- Complete mailing address including postal/zip code
- The telephone number associated with the mailing address (for mailing purposes only)
- A valid email address
- Trivia answers clearly numbered 1-10
- Only one (1) entry per person per round will be accepted.
Round one: to be determined
Round two: to be determined
How the winners will be determined:
- At the conclusion of round one, the judging panel will review each eligible entry. The entry with the most number of correct answers will be deemed the winner.
- At the conclusion of round two, this process will be repeated.
- In the event of a tie, eligible entries from each of the rounds will be placed in a drum (one drum for round one and a second drum for round two) and a random draw(s) will occur Sunday, June 1, 2008.
- The winners of the contest will be posted on “The Stroumboulopouli” blog on Monday, June 2, 2008. Winners will be notified via email that same day.
- The administration of this contest is solely the responsibility of the bloggers contributing to “The Stroumboulopouli”. Neither the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, nor any of its employees or affiliates assumes liability for this contest.
- Only entries submitted to email@example.com will be accepted. Entries to any other email address will be disqualified. Contest administrators are not responsible for lost, misdirected or incomplete email entries.
- Immediate family members (including spouses/partners, siblings, parents, children) or persons living under the same roof as “The Stroumboulopouli” bloggers are not eligible to participate in this contest.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- The winners (2) accept the prizes as awarded. There will be no substitutions.
- By entering the contest, winners agree that “The Stroumboulopouli” may post their FIRST name and general geographic location on the blog at the conclusion of the contest.
- All information is collected for the purposes of mailing out the contest prize. The personal information gathered will be used only for the purpose stated and outlined in the rules above and will be destroyed after the contest is over. It will not be shared, sold or used in any other fashion then stated above. If you have concerns regarding the use of your information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.