Contest Answer Key:
1) Where did George go to school to become a broadcaster?
2) In the 2004 CBC series, The Greatest Canadian, who did George advocate for?
3) When did the very first episode of The Hour premiere on CBC Newsworld?
JANUARY 17, 2005
4) Name of of the two things that George did in the summer of 2006, that created a bit of controversy among the media and fans.
HOSTED THE ONE ON ABC and/or TOOK HIS NOSE RING OUT
2007 Canada's Walk of Fame Gala?
6) How many Gemini Awards did The Hour win in 2007?
Best Host or Interviewer in a General/Human Interest or Talk Program or Series
Best Talk Series
Best Production Design or Art Direction in a Non-Fiction Program or Series
7) In November 2007, the University of Calgary honoured George with what?
HONORARY DOCTORATE OF LAWS
9) Which Canadian band performs the song for the current Hour opening credits?
THE NEW PORNOGRAPHERS
10) The Strombo Show premiered on the Corus Radio Network on Sunday, November 4, 2007 in which five Canadian cities?
VANCOUVER, WINNIPEG, LONDON, HAMILTON, TORONTO
1) Where did George get his first job in broadcasting?
104.7 THE LIZARD IN KELOWNA, BC
2) When George first arrived at the CBC, which CBC personality gave George the grand tour on his show, which included hiding from Peter Mansbridge on The National set?
3) Season Three of The Hour premiered on the CBC Main Network on October 9, 2006. Who was George's first interview?
5) In the opening skit of the 2007 Gemini Awards show, what did George say that fueled local outrage?
"WOW. YOU REALLY CAN SEE FOR MILES."
and/or "ALL I SAID IS THAT IT WAS FLAT."
6) Which puppets were at the center of the Puppetgate controversy in 2007?
RUSTY THE ROOSTER and JEROME THE GIRAFFE
from The Friendly Giant
7) Who came to The Hour to visit George with trainer David Salmoni on
January 28, 2008?
ROBBIE THE TIGER
8) Who is the only living former Prime Minister of Canada that has not appeared on The Hour?
9) On the January 6, 2008 edition of The Strombo Show, which Canadian rocker announced she was battling breast cancer?
10) What is the significance of the white bracelet that George wears on his right wrist?
MAKE POVERTY HISTORY