The Stroumboulopouli

The Stroumboulopouli

The place to get the latest news on what’s coming up on #Gtonight. Find out what Canada’s boyfriend is up to. Share stories, pictures, favourite tv and radio episodes.

CBC TV & Radio shows plus HNIC

His work with Artists for Peace and Justice

UN Ambassadorship for The World Food Programme

Sunday, October 11, 2009

What's coming up on The Hour October 12-16th

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope that everyone had a chance to give thanks and enjoy a feast surrounded by family and friends.

It's a short week at The Hour this week, but it's packed with an amazing mix of interviews.

Monday, October 12th

Everyone at The Hour is taking a well deserved day off, but there's still a great line up of repeat interviews...
Malcolm Gladwell
Jamie Kennedy (the comedian, not the chef)
Charlie Kaufman

Tuesday, October 13th

Australian scientist and author Tim Flannery drops by The Hour studios to discuss his latest book Now or Never: A Sustainable Future for Australia?. Toronto readers may be interested in attending Flannery's conversation about the book with the CBC's Anna Maria Tremonti at 7pm tonight at the Bram & Blum Appel Salon at the Toronto Reference Library. Tickets are free.
Actress Patricia Clarkson dropped by The Hour studios during the Toronto Film Fest to discuss Cairo Time, her latest movie where she plays a Canadian in Cairo.

Wednesday, October 14th


Canadian comedy darling Catherine O'Hara returns to The Hour to promote her latest voice over project, Where the Wild Things Are which opens in theatres this weekend.

Thursday, October 15th

AIDS activist Stephen Lewis returns to The Hour to promote the new five year campaign his foundation (the Stephen Lewis Foundation) launched last week to raise $100 million dollars over five years called "A Dare to Remember". The campaign involves raising pledge money by either challenging yourself or a friend to a dare.
Recently retired Calgary Flame, Theoren Fleury, drops in to The Hour for an exclusive interview about his new book and the allegations that he suffered sexual abuse as a young hockey player.

Friday, October 16th

As always, Fridays lets us catch some of the best interviews of the past couple weeks for a second time... this week, we take a second look at:

Michael Buble
Patricia Clarkson
Clive Owen

***********

During this week of giving thanks, please don't forget to donate to your local food bank. Food banks across Canada have seen a sharp increase in the number of people coming to them for help and in turn, could really use our help to keep their shelves well stocked.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sorry to be a pest, but I just had to comment on the new look of the show. I am still enjoying the interviews and George is great as usual, but going from this summer's repeats to this new season, the changes are a bit jarring.

Not only have the bios changed from George talking to his producer narrating, but I have noticed that the show seems to have been "streamlined" a bit. Segments have been moved around. Now it seems like it's issue interview, "Mile a Minute" finally Celebrity Interview. It seems they have gotten rid of all the extra parts of the show save the Good News Segments. I guess they found that "Best Story Ever", the Gerry Dee reports and the Entertainment wrap ups were not testing well. I don't even know if they will be coming back. I loved the Best Story Ever segments.

I do like the fact that he has access to a laptop on the set. That's a cool idea rto make use of the large screen, but I am a bit blase on the focus on the Battle of the Blades action. (It's like when they would have the latest evicted castaway on the Early Show the morning after Survivor aired)

Also, as I have stated before, it looks like they are not really updating the videos will only be downloadable at the Archived episodes section of CBC.ca and they will not be continuing to update the official website (in specific parts as in previous years)

I still love the show and will continue to enjoy it. It's just that after a few years of watching it in one way, having a whole lot of change in the space of a few short months is a bit jarring for me. IMO, it would have been cool to have gradual changes, if you can understand what I mean.

There I will shut up now.

Barbara said...

I think these are very good observations Voicefax. I tend to agree with you.

Anonymous said...

I agree with voice fax too, im glad they got rid of the celeb news, i mean whoc caresd about that
gerry dee moved on to a new show so he cant do the hour anymore and im not sure bout best story evers ...
i also dont like the girl narrorating the bios either, hopefully they will change it
do you like th4e way george walks on to the set now ?

Anonymous said...

I too, don't like the 'girl narrator'.

but as it goes,
'it's who you know, not how you sound'!!!

george letterman,anyone?

Trudy said...

I don't mind the changes too much -it freshens things up a bit.
But I pretty much hate the website!

I have such trouble accessing the videos, although no trouble seeing the commercials... I missed last nights episode, and will miss again tonight so the archived episodes were really great when I do have time.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Anonymous said...

I haven't checked recently, but I was aable to see the Dublin episodes just fine.

I didn't like how Patricia was flirting with my man ;)

Mich said...

I loved the Patricia Clarkson interview and the whole flirting vibe. I was in studio when it was shot and it was a fun and really well executed interview. It's up there as one of my favourite interviews.

Narries said...

Hello My presious my everything Awesome month I mean
Real reaity "Awesome". The Hour & guess are fasinating.
Amor XoXoX