The Stroumboulopouli

The Stroumboulopouli

The place to get the latest news on what’s coming up on #Gtonight. Find out what Canada’s boyfriend is up to. Share stories, pictures, favourite tv and radio episodes.

CBC TV & Radio shows plus HNIC

His work with Artists for Peace and Justice

UN Ambassadorship for The World Food Programme

Friday, July 06, 2007

The last Strombo Show before summer break.




This will be the last live Strombo show this Sunday...Possible theme may be summer travel.


Bob Mackowycz jr. will interview the guy behind the Vice Guide to Travel.

One more subject that they may be talking about is the Live Earth concert.

Another question The Strombo show wants to ask you: Is eco-awareness a fad, or is a new way of living around the corner? Maybe you are an Ecoholic like our friend Brooksie or a rock band like the Arctic Monkeys who blast Eco 'Hypocrites'

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Live Earth bringing awareness or could carelessness? What are you doing about it? Me? I am walking a lot more. I leave my car at home and walk or take the bus and subway to work. Almost all my light bulbs are the Eco kind thanks to my landlord. I could do more... like remembering to bring the canvas shopping bags to the grocery store when I go...
I keep forgetting to unplug my chargers...
I turn off my monitor at work when I leave... little steps...

Anonymous said...

i don't know if Live Earth will change antyhing. I'm more of a pessimist. i can't stop thinking of all the litter at the venues. well, nothing 's perfect.I hope the ticket holders are getting lightbulbs that are eco friendly. Speaking of Live Earth, did you guys see the Foo Fighters? Intense. Geez...

Steph A. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph A. said...

I think a new way of living is around the corner, but it's going to be a long walk down the street to get to that corner.

While a few things are within walking distance, I live in an area where a car is a must. We have no public transit. I do use shopping bins (I love the name "Bin Shoppin'") when at the grocery store. I keep my electricity use to a minimum whenever possible.

In Peel Region we have an excellent and all encompassing recycling and organic waste collection program. From what I have observed, most of my neighbours fully particpate.

The key to any program is compliance. The biggest hurdle to success is each person being willing to do their part.

Barbara said...

There have been people working on the issues of pollution all their life.. it not new and there was a green fads before... but this feels like more that a fad.... it feels like a lifestyle change... for many of us. One step at a time, one habit at a time...
Hope it works but I too am bit pessimistic.

greenteaicedtea said...

People need to live closer to their workplaces, some people at my work commute 60-70 km to work.

I know housing prices are high, but if people tried to get work where they could live, the pollution would lessen as fewer cars are on the road.

Or maybe they could put some kind of cap on what you pay for a house, to keep prices a bit lower.

Anonymous said...

"maybe we could put a cap on what you pay for a house, to keep prices a bit lower"

WOW! No doubt a CBC fan who has no problem removing individual's rights to own and sell property.